With this article we reach the end of the trilogy on the best beaches of the Costa Blanca in Alicante and Costa Cálida in Murcia.
Today we will travel the Alicante coast from the north of the province to Alicante capital, describing which are in our opinion the 10 best beaches of the north coast of Alicante.
If we go to the north, in Dénia, we find four wonderful beaches; Les Bovetes, Les Marines, Els Molins and Punta Raset, natural spaces that are magical due to the richness of their seabed. Although only the sandbanks of Les Bovetes and Els Molins are the owners of a Blue Flag, the other beaches of the Denia coast are also full of quality.
- Playa de Les Bovetes. The beach of Les Bovetes is our chosen one due to its services and accessibility for people with reduced mobility. It has an area of sand about 1800 meters long. Among its services include police surveillance, lifeguard station, showers, bars, entry and exit channel for boats and the aforementioned free care by the Red Cross for the disabled. Perhaps its only weak point is the difficulty to find a parking place in the summer months, a problem quite common in almost all the beaches of the Alicante coast.
- Cala La Granadella. Traveling a little further south we discover the coast of Xàbia, which also boasts beaches awarded with the Blue Flag, as La Grava, L’Arenal and La Granadella, with quiet corners between cliffs and with visual scenarios that overwhelm the imposing beauty of your views. Without a doubt Cala of La Granadella, gets its name for being formed by boulders, it is our favorite. It is presided by the Forest Park of La Granadella, a privileged corner of the Mediterranean that continues to maintain virgin spaces on our coast. Cala de La Granadella has services such as maritime surveillance, aid station, toilets, restaurant, footbaths, showers … There is a parking (restricted in the summer months) with bus service to the beach. It is ideal for snorkeling.
- Cala El Portet. The coast of Teulada-Moraira offers different profiles to the visitors. L’Ampolla is the most urban and extensive beach, but others like El Portet and Les Platgetes can be found. The sandy area of El Portet is considered to be the best sandy beach in the entire Valencian Community. The Portet is a small shell-shaped cala of about 300 square meters of fine golden sand. Besides being distinguished with the Blue Flag, it offers a multitude of services such as surveillance, lifeguards, footbaths, toilets, parking, restaurants … This beach is ideal for spending the day with the family, highlighting its crystal clear waters, its shallow depth and lack of waves.
- Cala de Moraig. The Poble Nou de Benitatxell stands out for its caves and grottos, and for peaceful calas that repair the mood like Cala de Moraig, which immerses you in a landscape of cut walls where the air jumps into the void over the sea from its cliffs over 100 meters. Cala de Moraig, also known as Cumbres del Sol has access by car and has parking, although in summer it usually remains small. Cala Moraig is a gravel beach with transparent waters about 200 meters long. In addition to the parking has services such as aid station, skate rental or chiringuitos. Although it is not listed as a nudist beach as we move towards the end of the cala we will find people practicing nudism. The perfect conservation of its seafloor makes it ideal for scuba diving.
- Playa La Fossa. Calpe has three beaches distinguished by the Blue Flag, although we want to highlight La Fossa Beach. This golden and crystal-clear beach has been awarded for 32 consecutive years with the Blue Flag, thanks to its location and services. Although it is an urban beach its proximity to the Salinas de Calp, its views to the Peñon de Ifach by its less known face and its brand new promenade make it fixed at the time of obtaining the prize. Their services are ideal to spend the day with the family. It has a lifeguard, footbaths, showers, toilets, parking, access for people with reduced mobility, restaurants and bus stop.
- Playa Cap Blanch. Entering the neighboring district of La Marina Baixa, we find the picturesque town of Altea, dominated by gravel and pebble beaches, such as Cap Blanch and La Roda, both awarded with their respective Blue Flags. The Cap Blanch Beach begins at the Altea Nautical Club and ends at the neighboring beach of L’Albir. It has lifeguard service, footbaths, showers, toilets, board and kayak rentals, restaurants and parking. Its more than 1000 meters in length are protected from the wind, so its waters are always calm.
- Playa del Mal Pas. Descending along the coast of Alicante we find the national tourist icon par excellence, Benidorm. Benidorm offers three beaches with Blue Flag, Levante Beach, Poniente Beach and Mal Pas Beach. Perhaps the Mal Pas Beach is the least known of the three, which has encouraged us to select it. With only 120 meters long its golden sand is just below the historic center of Benidorm. Being between the Puerto Deportivo and a rocky ledge on which sits the Balcón del Mediterraneo and Plaza Santa Ana, its crystal clear waters are protected from the wind, which added to its shallow depth make it perfect for the little ones of the house . As in the rest of the beaches of Benidorm, there are no chiringuitos on the beach, so we must walk to the restaurants and bars that are a few meters away. It is equipped with showers, hammocks rental and lifeguard service. In spite of being a central beach in Mal Pas you will find the peace and tranquility impossible to find in the other two beaches of the city.
- Playa Paradis. South of the city of skyscrapers, lies the small and quiet village of Finestrat. Its only beach, Cala de Finestrat, has not been left behind with the distinctions and also adds a Blue Award for the province. If we leave behind Finestrat we reach the last municipality in the region of La Marina Baixa, an old fishing village called La Vila Joiosa. The beaches of La Vila have five Blue Flags, and we will highlight what is the favorite of the locals. Paradis Beach. With more than 1 kilometer of pebbles, its occupation does not become high, even in the summer months, which makes it an ideal place to enjoy its landscape and crystal clear waters. Due to its marine habitat and the clarity of its waters, it is a highly recommended place for scuba diving. In it we can find rental service hammocks, access for people with reduced mobility, footbaths, toilet, lifeguard service and parking.
- Playa de Muchavista. We continue descending until we reach the neighboring town of El Campello, belonging to the region of L’Alacantí. Its coast is the most extensive in the province. Along its 23 kilometers of coastline, there are extensive beaches of soft sand, such as Carrer Lamar and Muchavista, both with blue flags.
Muchavista Beach is an extensive and long golden beach that becomes the Beach of San Juan when it enters the municipal area of Alicante. It has a length of 3,300 meters being a privileged place for bathing, practicing water sports such as windsurfing or simply walk along its pedestrian promenade parallel to the tram line that links El Campello and Alicante. During the summer months you can enjoy countless activities such as cinema, sporting events, library, playrooms … Needless to say, it has a wide range of services, including surveillance and life saving, litter bins, hammock rentals, telephone public, toilets, lavapiés, chiringuito, parking … It also has a stretch of beach accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- Playa de La Almadraba. Probably La Almadraba Beach is the most beautiful in the city of Alicante. On this beach of coarse sand and with some little stones, small fishing boats are still moored in its 750 meter long sandy beach. It is ideal for children, as it has hardly any waves and very little depth. It is not usually very busy as the others beaches in the city. It offers playgrounds in the sand, aid station, chiringuito, access to people with reduced mobility, footbaths, hammocks, umbrellas, parking, bars and restaurants.
We would love to know your opinion about our selection of beaches on the Costa Blanca North. Do you know any of the ones we have published? Would you include any other beach? Thank you very much for reading and remember that if you are interested in having personalized information about our video marketing services for real estate professionals write to email@example.com